Many owners have doubts about the fidelity of cats, because they are cold, distant, independent, etc. Let’s step aside a bit and think about what we really know about cats? These adorable animals have been living side by side with people for 9-10 thousand years. All this time, cats “spent” on improving skills that help to be useful to people. Isn’t that a sign of loyalty?
Experiences and research on feline cats
Do you have a cat? If yes, then you can reason about the issue from the point of view of your own experience
You can be sure that your cat has affection for you if she:
Reacts to the nickname.
Understands the hail, for example, when you call your pet to eat.
Accepts the invitation to play.
Willingly goes into his arms.
To arrive at a “match” with the above list, a kitten puts a lot of effort into learning:
Habits and “repetitive behavior” of owners and family members.
The mood of the (emotional) owner.
To live with a person in the same territory, a cat learns a new language! When kittens are born, they can only squeak. When a baby enters a new home, he monitors the tonality of words and voices, linking them with further behavior
The next observation that cats become attached to their owner is returning home. If your cat walks on the street unattended and comes back, it’s a sign of affection. The cat does not return to where she feels bad
Why do cats run away from home?
It happens that the cat goes for a walk and does not return. Can the loss of a pet be considered a sign that he is not attached to you or the house? Not! There are a number of reasons that explain why cats do not return home
The first reason is the bitter truth about self-racing. Without supervision, on the street, the cat is exposed to dozens of threats. Statistically, 90% of cats do not return home due to serious injury and / or death. The remaining 10% are fugitives and stolen animals.
Reasons for not returning:
- The pet cannot find its way.
- The cat doesn’t know what the street is.If the pet has slipped through the door and is on the street for the first time, most likely, he will be hammered into the nearest shelter.The cat will be so constrained by fear that it may die without leaving its shelter.
- Insufficient care.If a cat is hungry, sick, or abused, she can consciously leave. Infringement, jealousy, danger. Kosha can leave home if her dignity is constantly infringed upon by another animal or person.This point also includes the feeling of constant danger.
- Lack of attention.
- Before death.Cats instinctively leave the pack in order to die peacefully and not attract partners or other predators to their habitat.
As you can see, factors that provoke a cat to escape are almost always associated with insufficient attention from the owner. Talking about infidelity in this case is wrong, since any animal is guided by the instinct of self-preservation, and it is much stronger and “more powerful” than emotions.
What affects a cat’s fidelity
The first cats were tamed by humans on mutually beneficial terms. The man gave the cat food, and she helped guard the food and property. With domestic cats, everything is much easier, because they have no opportunity to go to live in a forest or other settlement, just because they wanted to. It turns out that the cat is “presented with a fact” – here is a man, love him and be faithful to him. How real is this “love of convenience” and how long does it take for a cat to become attached to a new owner?
Cats dislike strangers, even if they are gentle and friendly. It’s not about people, it’s about instincts – change doesn’t bode well. It is even worse when a stranger imposes his attention on a cat, forcibly picks it up, looks into the eyes, speaks loudly, etc…
With proper, unobtrusive feeding, the cat becomes attached to a person within 3-6 weeks. For a cat to understand that you are “her person”, it is enough to follow the ancient principles:
- Feed the kitten.
- Respond to the pet’s initiative in communication.
- Do not invade your personal space (lounger or house)
What she is, true feline loyalty
True feline loyalty can be observed in the relationship between the mother cat and her offspring. This “loyalty” is unconditional, thoughtless and even reckless. Cats take care of their children with special trepidation and are ready to sacrifice their lives to save them. Even when kittens grow up, they can count on unlimited loyalty to their mother.
Cats can be recklessly loyal to people and not just to their own owners. Cats protect people in case of danger, often risking their own lives. Accidental eyewitnesses have repeatedly recorded on video how cats attack robbers and attackers, protect people from dogs and other animals.
The last, albeit sad, but proof of the fidelity of cats is their immense longing for the deceased owners. When the four-legged loses its owner, it remembers its voice and smell for years.